PreciseTarget Marketing Manager
PreciseTarget is first and foremost, a data science company helping retailers acquire, engage and reactivate inactive customers. We’ve taken a programmatic approach, using billions of SKUs and consumer transactions to create the first suite of cross-merchant data products to describe US consumers’ retail buying taste. And, the good news is that we are growing! We are looking for a Marketing Manager. If you are someone who is motivated to produce the best results and be part of creating something special, we’d like to talk with you. You will join an early-stage startup delivering a revolutionary data product to our customers in the retail sector. You will be working side by side with a hands-on leadership team.
Who We Are
We are a small vibrant team and we thrive on figuring out hard problems. Our leadership team includes people with deep experience in startups, — our founder, Rob McGovern, started CareerBuilder, which grew to $1 billion in revenue. Our team is a diverse set of great minds of all ages who are committed to putting data to work for consumer businesses.
We are located in downtown Bethesda – convenient to Metro, seven coffee shops and dozens of restaurants. We have a great benefits package: salary + stock, liberal design-it-yourself vacation plan, free lunch four days a week, and we’ll pay for your commute, whether you metro, drive, walk, or ride your bike.
What You’ll Do
- Become a subject matter expert on our suite of products and their value to each of our audiences
- Improve the usability, design, content and conversion of visitor traffic to the company website
- Plan, implement, manage, and monitor the company’s social mediastrategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and increase sales
- Create and distribute sales enablement materials including: presentations, content for collateral and web pages, promotions, sales tools and other deliverables
- Manage, plan and promote PreciseTarget’s participation in trade shows and events (total travel less than 5%)
- Own email marketing program including: producing copy, designing A/B tests, deploying campaigns, and tracking, analyzing, and optimizing performance
- Track and forecast trends in sales and marketing, and analyze in detail the data collected to provide management with thorough reports and results
We are committed to building a diverse team of motivated, independent thinkers who thrive on innovation and fast-paced environments. Candidates for this position should have:
- 2-4 years of marketing experience in digital, tech, or professional services
- Solid knowledge of website development tools and analytics (e.g. WordPress, Google Analytics)
- Experience developing social media strategies, displaying in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed to build communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate the PreciseTarget value proposition within our defined market segments
- Direct experience in planning and executing company/organization events and conferences
- Experience with email tools, familiarity with database concepts and segmentation, and building campaigns and segmented lists
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side and able to demonstrate your ideas are analytically sound
In addition to being a marketing wiz, we want you to fit into a team of well-rounded people. We are looking for someone who is and has:
- Great communication skills, a sense of ownership, the ability to work effectively in a collaborative agile environment, and a positive attitude
- System thinker: Solves regular problems once
- Collaborator: Works independently, and with company engineers and data scientists
- Robust analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail and understanding of its importance
- Persuasive, but friendly style: Extroverted communicator who works well in a team environment
- Practices superior time management
- Ability to move fast and be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
We’ll give you bonus points for any of the following:
- Startup experience
- Ad agency experience
- Graphic design skills
What Else You Should Know
We know you work for love, but you also need to eat. So, we’ve put together a package that will hopefully feed you and your soul.
- Compensation includes salary + stock options
- Vacation: liberal design-it-yourself plan
- Free lunch 4 days a week
- Dozens of restaurants within walking distance
- Commuting expenses allowance, even if you ride your bike
- An environment that will make you say you’re working with brilliant people
What Now? If you are dynamic, creative, innovative and love technology, you’ll fit right in here. We are looking for a passionate person to join this amazing company and if you feel this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
PreciseTarget is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.