PreciseTarget Data Scientist
PreciseTarget is first and foremost, a data science company helping retailers acquire, engage and reactivate inactive customers. We’ve taken a programmatic approach, using billions of SKUs and consumer transactions to create the first suite of cross-merchant data products to describe US consumers’ retail buying taste. And, the good news is we are looking for more Data Scientist! We are in the market for a talented machine learning guru with a strong feel for consumer data. If you are someone who is motivated to produce the best results and be part of creating something special, we’d like to talk with you. You will join an early-stage startup delivering a revolutionary data product to our customers in the retail sector. You will be working side by side with a hands-on leadership team.
Who We Are
We are a small vibrant team and we thrive on figuring out hard problems. Our leadership team includes people with deep experience in startups, — our founder, Rob McGovern, started CareerBuilder, which grew to $1 billion in revenue. Our team is a diverse set of great minds of all ages who are committed to putting data to work for consumer businesses.
We are located in downtown Bethesda – convenient to Metro, seven coffee shops and dozens of restaurants. We have a great benefits package: salary + stock, liberal design-it-yourself vacation plan, free lunch four days a week, and we’ll pay for your commute, whether you metro, drive, walk, or ride your bike.
What You’ll Do
You will design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain machine learning techniques that will expand the breadth of our product offering. The products run on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and use terabytes of retail and buying data. You will be responsible for:
- Automating statistical quality assurance tests
- Automating classification modeling and segmentation
- Acting as an internal subject-matter expert for new statistics and machine learning techniques by remaining up to date on current applicable machine learning techniques and their associated programing methods and value
You are a data geek with:
- At least 5 years of experience in working with online buying — ecommerce, product, or retail analytics
- Intimate understanding of complex data sets, including product data, product categories, taxonomies and related metadata elements
- Programming skills in R, python, or other statistical tools
- Proficiency in Agile methodology with strong business analysis skills
You probably have a degree in a quantitative field (math, statistics, engineering, or library sciences) and maybe advanced training in analytics.
Precise Target is only considering local candidates at this time. To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com.
PreciseTarget is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.