PreciseTarget Data Engineer
PreciseTarget is first and foremost, a data science company helping retailers acquire, engage and reactivate inactive customers. We’ve taken a programmatic approach, using billions of SKUs and consumer transactions to create the first suite of cross-merchant data products to describe US consumers’ retail buying taste. And, the good news is we are looking for a Data Engineer to help develop our batch and streaming data pipelines. You will join a team of exceptional developers, data scientists, and data engineers working in a fast-paced environment building and delivering a revolutionary data product to our customers in the retail sector. You will be working side by side with this team as a hands-on leader of our application product development.
Who We Are
We are a small vibrant team and we thrive on figuring out hard problems. Our leadership team includes people with deep experience in startups, — our founder, Rob McGovern, started CareerBuilder, which grew to $1 billion in revenue. Our team is a diverse set of great minds of all ages who are committed to putting data to work for consumer businesses.
We are located in downtown Bethesda – convenient to Metro, seven coffee shops and dozens of restaurants. We have a great benefits package: salary + stock, liberal design-it-yourself vacation plan, free lunch four days a week, and we’ll pay for your commute, whether you metro, drive, walk, or ride your bike.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for:
- Building and optimizing software programs, algorithms and automated processes to ingest, cleanse, transform and integrate data from multiple disparate sources
- Leading technical design and delivery on new tools, platforms and products
- Writing complex and efficient queries to transform data
- Working with data scientists to refine machine learning and data processing algorithms
You are a data geek with:
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, and Java
- Experience with machine learning algorithms (PySpark experience a plus)
- 3+ years of experience building simple, scalable, reliable back end systems (ETL pipelines, data analytics, etc.)
- Familiarity with measuring performance of data products
- Experience generating and testing hypotheses to explain micro and macro trends and opportunities based on data
- Strong software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, information retrieval)
- Experience with AWS services
- Excellent communication skills
- A sense of ownership, the ability to work effectively in close collaboration, and a positive attitude
You probably have a degree in a quantitative field (math, statistics, engineering, or library sciences) and maybe advanced training in analytics.
Bonus points for:
- Start-up experience
- Quantitative marketing experience
Precise Target is only considering local candidates at this time. To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PreciseTarget is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.